It’s been a while (a whole week) since the last update, but the time was well spent. Version 0.9.1 of the Silent Death Ship Builder brings some bigger ship classes to the fray, plus a few other niceties.
Check out the full list of changes:
- Gunboats and freighters, in light, medium, and heavy classes. These ships get four separate damage tracks and damage reduction attributes. Note also that they can’t dodge torpedoes so be sure to build in enough countermeasures in case jamming fails.
- Noted that Protobolters may fire two bolts at a single target in one turn.
- Optimized damage track rendering to make the most computationally expensive part of the interface 3x as fast.
- Added info and help text to the bottom of the page, made it hide the first time the template is changed, and gave it a toggle control.
- Added a print stylesheet which hides the header, footer, construction stats and other design-related elements, and makes minor size changes to improve printed output. For those who like to print instead of using the clickable damage tracks this should make it easier to fit ship designs on a single page… though gunboats pose an additional challenge!
I’m still looking for suggestions on naming this application for the upcoming 1.0 version! Let me know in the comments if you have any ideas!